Friday, April 22, 2022

Endrid's Diary 4/21/22

 

We were debating (again) whether we should head to the vineyard or the mountain. The argument for vineyard: catch up with were-ravens and seek information about the wizard. Mountain: we ain’t been there yet… maybe we’ll find something? Also Radha has a mystique for the mountains.

 

Cool Inventory check:

 

Bingdor: Holy Symbol, Magic Crossbow

 

Radha: Magical Scarf (stuck to her), Robe of Magical Items

 

Endrid: Gulthias Staff, Blood Spear, Sycane possession

 

Brace: Sun Sword

 

Trieskan: Tome of Strahd, Drizlath Goddess powers (third eye on chin, he can walk up walls like a spider)

 

We were fleeing the scene/fighting with the vampire women.

 

Ireena tried to free Bingdor from the vampire spawn. She was not successful.

 

I ran up to the fence and blasted a hole in its pathetic wood with my greataxe. I spied that there were several more vampire spawn and I heard the sounds of battle. I wanted to escape through the hole but knew I needed to get the party to the escape route in order to murder Strahd.

 

Trieskan aided Ireena in her vampire-fleeing affair by loosing an arrow. Unfortunately, Bingdor’s vampire remained attached.

 

We hear Izek being overtaken by the vampire spawn. We heard a horrible scream.

 

Radha tried to eldritch blast a vampire but it whizzed by.

 

She aimed a second eldritch blast which hit and blasted the vampire off of Bingdor.

 

Ireena called out to me and I told her I had blasted an exit for us. As she followed to my location, I saw a sinister ball of magical energy descend from a second story window. It was headed straight towards Ireena and struck her. She fell to the ground and dropped the spell book.

 

I noticed that Viktor V. was the source of the spell. Ireena looked pretty messed up so I turned her over and tried to revive her. Ireena was barely conscious. I threw her over my shoulder.

 

The vampire who had grappled Brace is now latched on to Radha.

Another vampire approached me, Ireena, and Brace.

 

Radha misty stepped away from her grappling vampire.

 

Trieskan was the farthest one behind, staring face to face with a vampire spawn by the side of the house.

 

Radha tried to Eldritch Blast the vampire spawn threatening Trieskan. She sent three blasts which all unfortunately whizzed by.

 

Viktor V blasted me with his magic orb. It surprisingly didn’t hurt too badly.

 

Poindexter priest busted out the back door and shot a Guiding Bolt at me. It connected and hurt real bad.

 

I ran away with Ireena in tow and scooped up the spellbook. I exited via the fence smash and entered the back alley and faced a choice of left or right.

 

Trieskan tried his shocking grasp on the vampire spawn next to him and failed. He made his way towards the smash exit. He got slashed by the vampire on his way.

 

Trieskan gets grappled from behind by the vampire spawn just as he had run away.

 

Radha got attacked by a vampire spawn. She took a nasty swipe.

 

Radha tried an Eldritch Blast on her grappling vampire. She smashed it twice and push the vampire spawn away.

 

Poindexter priest was chasing us and took a shot at Radha that missed.

 

I noticed Trieskan was grappled so tossed some javelins through the vampire that had him. I blasted the vampire off him with two glorious throws.

 

After escaping Trieskan got grappled yet again by another vampire.

 

Radha blasted Trieskan’s vampire with an Eldritch Blast and freed him.

 

She and Trieskan finally escaped into the alleyway. The whole party had escaped (for now) the vampire onslaught.

 

I gave my Valentine whistle but they did not appear.

 

We marched west on the main street towards the West Gate. I tried to summon Valentine again with my special whistle but she did not appear.

 

We decide to hide in a nearby dumpster while the guard did his investigation round. Trieskan stood outside the dumpster to see if he could take out the guard Metal Gear Solid style.

 

The guard walked past Trieskan without seeing him. Trieskan made some type of wild move to trip the guard and incapacitate him. He managed to cover the guard’s mouth with his hand.

 

In the dumpster I was not watching but merely listening to groggy Ireena’s play-by-play of Trieskan’s attempt to knock out the guard. After three punches he finally knocked out the guard.

 

Trieskan’s next plan was a Death-Star invasion style armor swap. He threw on the guard’s armor. Radha morphed into a guard and we were executing again… the Death Star prisoner transfer to cell block 1138.

 

We began our disguise approach in an attempt to exit the West gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment